NEWS AND UPDATES:
1. VietMD.net started a Skin Cancer survey for Vietnamese in the US. The survey will take place in Jacksonville and Orlando (Florida), Grand Rapids (Michigan, and Boston (Massachusetts) . Our goal is to have a minimal of 100 responses and submit this study for publication.
1. ERAS 2014 opened. We will meet in late August to discuss about this year residency application. Hosts are Dr. Tran and Dr. T Nguyen
2. Congrats on our members who passed and aced step 1 recently.
1. Congrats Dr. T Nguyen on his match into Internal Medicine at St. Francis Hospital in Chicago. We are proud of you.
1. Dr. W Tran is working with ICU attending physicians at UMC Vietnam to develop problem based learning (PBL) for Vietnamese ICU residents. The resident will present the ase during monthly conference with VietMD.net physicians.
2. Prepare for 2013 Match day and SOAP. VietMD.net will meet with all applicants to discuss about SOAP and Match day soon.
1. Happy New Year from VietMD.net to everyone. Thank you for your support last year. We are looking forward to
2. Free prescription to uninsured Vietnamese patients at Tinh Tam and Phuoc Vien Temples in Jacksonville, Florida. Dr. Tran will give low cost ( Walmart ) prescriptions to uninsured and low income people in these temple during his regular monthly visit. Please contact the temple administrator for more information and eligibilities.
1. Congrats on Drs. Duc Vu, Tung Nguyen, and Mai Quy for their first interview invitations. We're proud of you and we wish you best for this year residency application. Dr. Tran will conduct mock interview with these Drs very soon.
2. Community Talk: October 7 at Tinh Tam about Health for nail worker. October 14 at Phuoc Vien about Back Pain.
3. Online Medical English class for medical students at University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Hochiminh City started on October 12. This class will meet monthly and use PBL (problem based learning) method. For information, please go to
4. Online Medical English class for student at Can Tho University will start soon.
1. VietMD.net was featured on Tuoi Tre news and other major newspapers in Vietnam for teaching medical students and doctors in Vietnam.
2. Online meeting for UMC was on September 29, Dr. Tuan Nguyen, urology resident, presented a BPH case.
3. Community talks September 16 at Tinh Tam Temple for basic CPR. September 23 at Phuoc Vien Temple.
4. VietMD.net members applied for US residency in internal medicine, pediatrics, and family medicine. Good luck to all.
5. Ms. Vy Le, 3rd year medical student at Can Tho University will be VietMD.net representative at her medical school. We're still looking for more VietMD.net medical school representatives from other medical schools as well. If you're interested, please email email@example.com for more information.
1. VietMD.net president, Dr. Wind Tran, meets with VAMA (Vietnamese American Medical Association) president, Dr. Johnathan Lam, and officers in Orlando, Florida at VAMA National Convention to discuss future cooperations and networking of Vietnamese physicians in the USA.
2. Ms. Lynn Ly and Dr. Thinh Nguyen helps VietMD.net open a new section on Health Information for Vietnamese Patients at VietMD.net forum. These includes online consultation for patient, basic information about first aid, heart disease, lung disease, etc. Thank you Ms. Ly and Dr. Nguyen for their excellent articles.
In addition, Dr. Wind Tran's health flyers about his talk at local communities also in this section.
3. Community talk schedule for August:
August 5 at Tinh Tam Budda Temple: Hypertension and How to Prevent. Please contact Mr. Dung Vo at 904 955 2299 for more information.
August 26 at Phuoc Vien Budda Temple: Hypertension and How to Prevent. Please contact Mr. Khai Tran at 904 573 7886 for more information.
4. Online Meeting for UMC Medical Staff (Vietnam) is scheduled Friday, August 24. Topic is USMLE based case discussion, moderate by Dr. Quan Dang from Saigon General Hospital. As usual, the discussion will be at UMC Lecture Hall, Floor 4th, University Medical Center, HCMC, Vietnam.
1. VietMD.net community activity: Dr. W Tran continues monthly health lecture series at Tinh Tam Buddha Temple in Jacksonville, Florida. The first lecture about diabetes and nutrition will be on Sunday, July 22, at 1:00 PM after the mass ceremony.
2. ERAs and residency this year will start soon. There is a list of IMG friendly internal medicine residency on forum. Good luck everyone for the Match 2013.
EBM (Evidence Based Medicine) is now a part of online lecture for UMC doctors. In June lecture, Dr. W Tran discussed about EBM in CLEVER study published in Circulation earlier this year(Claudication: Exercise versus Endoluminal Revascularization). Next month, the presenter will be Ms. Suong Le (4th year medical student). EBM is a requirement in residency training in the USA.
1. Congratulations to Drs. Duc Vu and Tung Nguyen for passed USMLE Step 2 CS.
2. VietMD.Net initiates online lecture for Doctors in Can Tho General Hospital, Can Tho Vietnam. Ms. Giang Bui, VietMD.Net representative in Vietnam meets Drs. Du, Deputy Director, and Dr. Thao Da, Hospital Administrator from Can Tho General Hospital to develop an online course for the medical staff. The format will be similar to the one delivers at Hochiminh City University Medical Center and Dr. W Tran will be the course director.
1. Our online lecture for UMC doctors going well with pictures and notes in forum. Please complete a survey if you attended.
1.VietMD.Net is working with Chua Quan Am Buhhda Temple in Utica, New York, to provide basic health checkups and talks about diabetes, strokes, and cardiovascular disease. Dr. W Tran makes regular trips to visit every 2 week on Sunday. Please contact Hoa Thuong Giac Dieu, Quan Am temple at 315 982 8363 for more information.
2. VietMD.net Registration is disable now. If you would like to become a member, please send your name, email address, and current level in medical training to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will register for you.
3. Congrats to Dr. Lai Mai Ngan matched into internal medicine residency program in Brooklyn, New York.
1. VietMD.net website and forum were revised with new designs and more friendly use. Please check out our new forum at www.vietmd.net/forum
2. VietMD established monthly online Medical English lectures for doctors at University Medical Center in Hochiminh City, Vietnam by Dr. W Tran
2012 Online Medical English Lectures Schedule
Feb 16: General Hematology
March 7: Disseminated Intravascular Coagulopathy
April 17: Acute Cholecystitis
May 29: Endocrinology - DKA and HHS
June 19: Interventional Radiology - CLEVER Study
July 27: Acute Renal Injury - Internal Medicine
August 22: USMLE Based Case - Internal Medicine
All online lectures via Skype are at Lecture Hall, 4th Floor, University Medical Center, 215 Hong Bang St, District 5, Hochiminh City, Vietnam.
1. Dr. Wind H Tran taught a General Medical English Course for Doctors in Vietnam. The course covered major topics in internal medicine, physician communication, and other specialties. Eligible participants will receive certificates jointly issued by the University Medical Center in Hochiminh City and VietMD.Net. Please go to VietMD.Net forum for list of doctors received certificates.
2. VietMD.Net library is updated with new books. Log in to your forum to see.